Rajasthan State Eligibility Test - SET
Rajasthan SET (State Eligibility Test) is directed by the Rajasthan Public Service Commission (RPSC) for lecturership in different colleges, universities and institutes in the state of Rajasthan. Recruitment for the post of lecturer is made among SET qualified candidates by universities, colleges and recruitment agencies as per the prescribed procedures and rules and regulations.
Rajasthan SET Eligibility Criteria
- Candidates should score a minimum of 55% (50% for reserved category candidates) marks in their Master's or other equivalent examination from a recognized universities and institutions.
- Candidates should have studied Social Sciences, Computer Science and Application, Earth Science, Population Studies, Education etc to be eligible for Rajasthan SET.
- Candidates with a Ph.D degree should score a minimum of 55% (50% for reserved category candidates) marks in their masters or other equivalent examination from a recognized universities and institutions.
- Candidates should complete their master's by 19th September, 1991 (irrespective of date of declaration of result).
- Candidates in their final year of examination are also eligible to apply.
Rajasthan SET Important Dates
- Rajasthan SET is normally held in the month of July/August every year.
Rajasthan SET Syllabus
- The syllabus for Rajasthan SET exam is that of UGC/CSIR NET examination. The science subject papers such as Life Sciences, Chemical Sciences, Mathematical Sciences and Physical Sciences of paper I will be according to the syllabi of UGC NET. Paper II will be from syllabi Section B of paper I of CSIR and paper III will be from the syllabi of CSIR.
Rajasthan SET Exam Pattern
Rajasthan SET paper pattern shall consist of three papers which are scheduled for two sections.
Paper I (100 marks): 60 questions out of which 50 questions are to be attempted (one hour)
Paper II (100 marks): All 50 questions are compulsory (one hour)
Paper III (150 marks): All 75 questions are compulsory (two hours).
Paper-I shall be of general nature, intended to assess the teaching/research aptitude of the candidate. Paper-II& III shall consist Objective type questions based on the subject selected by the candidate. Each question will carry 2 marks.
Rajasthan SET Exam Fees
(a) For OBC/SBC(Creamy layer) of Rajasthan state and General Candidates: Rs.750/-
(b) For OBC/SBC (Non-Creamy layer) of Rajasthan state Candidates:Rs. 450/-
(c) For SC/ST of Rajasthan state and All the PH Candidates:Rs. 300/-
Rajasthan SET Contact Details
Rajasthan Public Service Commission
Ghoogra Ghati, Jaipur Road, Ajmeer- 305001
Toll Free No. - 1800-180-6127