Sri Karan Narendra Agriculture University
Sri Karan Narendra Agriculture University, Jobner- Jaipur was established in September 2013 with a view to impart teaching in agriculture, forestry, basic sciences and other allied branches at the University or college level and also conduct research and extension education programmes in the field of agriculture
The territorial jurisdiction and responsibility of this University extend to the districts of Jaipur, Sikar, Alwar, Dausa, Tonk, Ajmer, Bhartpur and Dholpur. The university covers three agro-climatic zones: II A: Transitional plain of inland drainage - Sikar; III A: Semi-arid eastern plain zone- Jaipur, Ajmer, Tonk, Dausa; III B: Flood prone eastern plains- Alwar, Bharatpur, Dholpur.
- Making provision for imparting education in different branches of study, particularly Agriculture, Horticulture, Fisheries, Forestry, Agricultural Engineering, Home Science, Basic science and other allied branches of learning and scholarship.
- Furthering the advancement of learning and conducting of research, particularly in agriculture and other allied sciences.
- Undertaking the extension education of such sciences and technologies specially for the rural people of the State; and
- Such other objects as the University may determine from time to time.
Colleges in SKNAU
- SKN College of Agriculture, Jobner
- SKN College of Agri-Business Management, Jobner
- College of Agriculture, Lalsot
- College of Agriculture, Bharatpur
- College of Agriculture, Fatehpur
- College of Agriculture, Navgaon, Alwar
- College of Agriculture, Basedi, Dholpur
- College of Agriculture, Kotputli
Institute in SKNAU
- Rajasthan Agricultural Research Institute, Jaipur
Agriculture Research Stations
- ARS, Fatehpur
- ARS, Navgaon
Agriculture Research Sub Stations
- ARSS, Ajmer
- ARSS, Diggi
- ARSS, Bharatpur
- ARSS, Kotputali
- KRISHI VIGYAN KENDRA
- KVK Ajmer
- KVK Dausa
- KVK Kotputali
- KVK Navgaon
- KVK Bharatpur
- KVK Dholpur
- KVK Fatehpur
- Center for Information Management and Computer Applications (CIMCA)
Sri Karan Narendra Agriculture University Library
The present library is as old as with its establishment of this college and has a collection of over 47000 . The library is organized with specialized collections of 47918 documents in fields of Agricultural Sciences, Biological Sciences, Basic Sciences, Humanities, Technology, Veterinary Sciences, Animal Husbandry, Fisheries & other allied subjects. The main objectives of the library are to develop and promote information resources to students, faculty, researchers, scientists, trainees and agricultural officers both in conventional and electronic format. The library has congenial environment, good ventilated and spacious reading rooms to its readers.
- B.Sc. (Hons.) Agriculture: 4 Years
- M.Sc. Agriculture: 2 years
- Ph.D. Agriculture: 3 Years
Admission in SKNAU
Admission to B.Sc. (Ag.) Hons. and M.Sc.(Ag.) program is done through a competitive entrance examination for which application has to be submitted to the Coordinator, JET/Pre-PG, SK Rajasthan Agricultural University, Bikaner/MPUAT, Udaipur, whenever requisitioned through a notification.
Admission to Ph.D. program is given in the second semester of the academic session.
SKN Agriculture University,