Rajasthan Pre-Engineering Test - RPET 2018
Rajasthan Pre-Engineering Test or RPET 2018 is conducted by the Rajasthan board of technical education for admission to various undergraduate engineering and architecture courses in several government aided institutes or Government colleges and private institutes in Rajasthan. Candidates of Rajasthan, including wards of Kashmiri migrants are invited each year for seeking admission through Rajasthan Pre-Engineering Test.
Tentative dates for RPET 2018
- Date of RPET 2018 examination: 21 May, 2018
- Online application available: 31 March, 2018
- Online application closes: 15 April, 2018
- Last date for application receipt: 21 April, 2018
RPET 2018 Eligibility Criteria
The candidates applying for the Bachelor of Technology (B.Tech.) or Bachelor of Engineering (B.E.) should score a minimum of 45% marks (40% for SC/ST/OBC non-creamy layer/SBC non-creamy layer candidates) in their 10 2 or other equivalent exam from a recognized board.
Subject combinations required:B.Tech./B.E.Compulsory subjects: Physics and mathematicsOne of the optional subjects:
- Computer science
Those candidates who are appearing for their 10 2 examination in the year of the entrance exam are also eligible to apply for the course but their admission will be provisional and with the successful competition of their 10 2, the admission will be confirmed.
The candidates should fulfill certain medical requirements to be eligible for RPET 2018.
The candidates should be a resident of Rajasthan to be eligible for RPET 2018.
RPET 2018 Application Process
The candidates are required to fill up online application forms for RPET 2018. The forms can be submitted from RPET 2018 official website. It is suggested that the candidates should be careful while filling up the application forms as once the form is submitted, it cannot be edited. After the successful submission of the application form it should be send to the flowing address along with all the required documents via speed-post.
Board of Technical Education, Rajasthan
W-6, Residency Road, Jodhpur - 342032
The application form can also be submitted in person in the registered box in the RPET Office, Board of Technical Education, Jodhpur, Rajasthan.Documents to be sent along with the application form
The applicants are required to send the following documents along with the RPET 2018 Application Form:
- High School/Secondary Certificate/Marksheet bearing the date of birth and duly attested.
- 10 2 Examination Marksheet duly attested. For those who are appearing for their 10 2 Examination must include a photocopy of their admission card.
- For applicants under reservation category should attach a copy of their relevant certificate claiming a reservation.
- A domicile certificate which should be duly attested.
RPET 2018 Exam Pattern
The Rajasthan Pre Engineering Test (RPET) will have 40 objective type multiple choice questions in each subject: physics, mathematics and chemistry and the duration for which is three hours. There will be a total of 120 questions carrying one mark each. However, there are no negative markings for incorrect answers. The test paper will be in both Hindi and English language.
- Physics: 40 questions, 40 marks
- Mathematics: 40 questions, 40 marks
- Chemistry: 40 questions, 40 marks
- Total: 120 questions, 120 marks
RPET 2018 Exam Centers
- Hindaun City
- Sri Ganganagar
- Sawai Madhopur