Rajasthan Technical University Admission (RTU DAT)
Rajasthan Technical University invites application for admission to its Full Time/Part Time Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) Programs in various Engineering/MBA/MCA Departments of University College of Engineering and the recognized Research Centers of RTU Kota.
Important Dates for Admission in PhD Programs 2019 (Tentative)
- Advertisement for notification: 10th June 2019
- Commencement of online application form filling: 15th June 2019
- Commencement of Choice filling: 1st July 2019
- Last date of online application: 13th July 2019
- Display of list of eligible candidates: 2nd Week July 2019
- Written test (RTU DAT 2019):3rd Week July 2019
- Declaration of Written Test Result: 26th July 2018
- Document verification & Interview of the qualified candidates in Written Test: 28 July 2019
- Declaration of selected candidates for PhD admission: 31st July 2019
Specializations for PhD Program
- PhD Program University Dept., RTU, Kota along with area of specialization:
- Civil Engg.: Structural Engineering; Goe technical Engineering; Environmental Engineering
- Computer Engg.: High Performance Computing Systems
- Electronics Engg.: Power Systems; Power Electronics and Electrical Drives
- Electronics Engg.: Communication Engineering, Control and Instrumentation
- Mechanical Engg.: Machine Design, Industrial Engineering, Thermal Engineering, Production Engineering
- Renewable Energy: Renewable Engineering
Eligibility Criteria for RTU DAT
For Full time Research Scholar
A candidate possessing Master's degree in the appropriate discipline of any recognized University/Institute or equivalent, with a minimum of 55% marks in aggregate (of all the years/ semesters) where marks are awarded or minimum equivalent CGPA as defined by AICTE/UGC or any other competent body as the case may be
A relaxation of 5% or equivalent grade point in the minimum eligibility shall be applicable to the applicant belonging to the categories of SC/ST/OBC (Non-Creamy Layer) and differently-abled persons or categories decided by UGC.
Candidates who have cleared the M. Phil Course work with at least 55% marks in aggregate or its equivalent grade B in the UGC 7 point scale (or an equivalent grade in point scale wherever grading system is followed) and successfully completing M.Phil. degree shall be eligible.
A relaxation of 5% or equivalent grade point in the minimum eligibility shall be allowed to the applicant belonging to the categories of SC/ST/OBC (Non Creamy Layer) and differently-abled persons or categories decided by UGC.
For Part-Time Research Scholar
In addition to the educational qualifications mentioned for the full time course, the applicant shall prove the following to the satisfaction of the DRC (Departmental Research Committee):
- Permission of the employer in writing to the candidate, to pursue PhD Program me along with his/her regular duties in the organization he/she is employed
- Availability of all facilities for pursuing research at the candidate’s parent organization / place of work, in the chosen field of research
- Certificate issued by the employer to allow him/her to fulfill the residential requirement during course work and contact days with supervisor after completion of the course work as notified by University from time to time.
Admission Process for RTU DAT
In all PhD Programmes the admission shall be granted as per Rajasthan Technical University ordinance and regulations for degree of Doctor of Philosophy and the subsequent modifications thereof. The RTU-DAT-2019 shall be conducted at premise of RTU, Kota only.
- The detail schedule will be announced separately through the information given on the website
- The RTUDAT shall be conducted at premise of RTU, Kota
- The applicants can apply online through the website www.rtu.ac.in and can pay the application fee of Rs.2000/- (non-refundable) online
- Applicants can apply online through the RTUDAT 2019 website
- The hard copy of the filled form (generated online) along with enclosures is required to be submitted in person at the time of interview. No need to send the hard copy of the form by post
- The eligibility of the applicant for the written test shall be decided tentatively on the basis of the information provided in the online application form. In the event of any information being found incorrect or misleading, the candidature shall be liable to cancellation by the University at any time
- If an applicant wishes to apply for more than one department/center, he/she shall have to submit separate application form along with the fee
- Completely filled application form along with the demand draft must reach the following address by Registered Post or Speed Post on or before the due date: Assistant Registrar (Research), V.C. Secretariat, Rajasthan Technical University, Rawatbhata Road, Kota-324010
- The applicants are advised to visit the website regularly and act according to the schedule
RTU DAT Exam Pattern
- RTU-DAT shall consist of two papers of 300 marks
- Paper-I shall be held in the first session carrying 100 marks and paper-II shall be held in second session carrying 200 marks
- Paper-I shall be common for all applicants appearing for a particular department and paper-II shall be separate for each specialization
Rajasthan Technical University, Kota
Rawatbhata Road, Akelgarh, Kota-324010,