Board of Secondary Education Rajasthan
The history of the Board of Secondary Education Rajasthan or BSER was set up in Jaipur on 4th Dec, 1957. In 1961, it was shifted to Ajmer in 1961. From 1973 BSER began functioning in its present multistoried building. BSER took rapid strides for promotion and development of Secondary Education in Rajasthan. More than 6000 schools are affiliated to the Board and about 8.5 lakhs students appeared for Secondary and Senior Secondary Examination in 2000.
Examinations Conducted by BSER
- Class 9th Vocational Examination
- Secondary School and Vocational Examination
- Class 11th Vocational Examination
- Senior Secondary Examination (10 plus 2) (Arts / Science / Commerce)
- Praveshika Pariksha Sanskrit Shiksha)
- Varishtha Upadhayay Parisksha (10 plus 2)(Sanskrit Shiksha)
- State talent search examination. ( STSE ) Regular
- National Talent search examination. (NTSE)
Highlights of BSER
- Upgradation is done by Govt. tentative subject to fulfillment of norms prescribed by the Board.
- Board manages inspections to ascertain real conditions.
- Recommendation of the inspecting teams are screened and finalized by statuary committee known as recognition committee.
- Apex body (Board) finalizes recommendations of recognition committee
- Temporary recognition granted for 3 years with specific relaxation of 2 years.
- Periodic inspection in 5 years is obligatory.
- Conditions for recognition are regulated by rules framed by the Board.
It also conducts various examinations which include State Level Examinations. Four hundred eighty seven scholarships for every academic year are awarded to the first three students in each activity marked below .
- Creative writing
- Elocution- Debate
- Quiz competitions
For searching talent, an examination is held and for talented students, special guidance classes are organized.
Personality Development Camp
A Personality development camp is to be organized by the Board for developing self- confidence and positively of outlook in the students of the merit lists related to the Board examination. This camp aims at developing the communication ability among the students.
Board of Secondary Education Rajasthan, Ajmer
Telephone : 91-145-2420597 Fax : 91-145-2420429